An organization for book lovers, information seekers,
readers, listeners, viewers, thinkers . . . young and old . . . .all who treasure ideas and value the public library as a vital community resource.
FMPL is a membership organization. Our members:
- help demonstrate support for high quality library services for the Madison community.
- provide community support for adequate library funding.
- join other concerned citizens dedicated to promoting the value of books, libraries, reading and literacy.
- have an opportunity to volunteer time to a great cause.
Membership dues are kept low to be affordable to everyone, but many members make additional contributions, to allow the Friends to make significant annual grants to the library for enhanced materials, programs, and services.
Click here for a membership application.
Print out the membership form, fill it out, and mail it along with your check or money order to:
Friends of the Madison Public Library
201 W. Mifflin St.
Madison, WI 53703
As a Friend, Here’s What You Get:
- Shop at Friends book sales during “members only” hours
- “Members only” premiums or gifts available at Friends activities or programs
- Advance notice of Friends events
- Notice of library programs and services through the library newsletter
- Regular mailings from the Friends
- Invitation to volunteer recognition events
- Annual reminder to renew
- Forum in which to advocate on behalf of the Library