Minutes of the January meeting were approved as presented.
Financial Report, presented in Karenne’s absence
- Book store is doing really well!
- Members must be paying more money each as membership numbers are the same.
- If there are any questions, they can be sent to Karenne
- A mailing and renewal went out at the end of January, only 200 renewals were received.
- Janice is working on a renewal reminder.
- April 6th will be the next newsletter and will include information about the book sale and the annual dinner.
- Sara is putting together an article about the book sale process to include in the newsletter.
- This newsletter will also include thanks to the volunteers.
- Deadline for print newsletter is Monday, April 4th to Janice.
- Carol & Pam will attempt an electronic reminder.
- The annual meeting usually has 40 – 50 people.
- We will plan for Wednesday, May 18th or Tuesday, May 17th. (May 17th is the date.)
- All board members will bring a little door prize to give away.
- The presentation will be about the future library plans and include one friend, one staff member and one foundation member.
- Carol will check about the room, having a library staff member present, and a foundation member to present.
- Janice will contact other friends groups about the honored volunteers.
- Pam, Annie and Sara will work together for the invite, program, food, and decorations.
- Date changed to April 28th – 30th, everyone please change any listings or advertisements that you do!
- We do not have book marks for next year.
- We will do a large sale in July, Carol will check for dates.
- Margaret will write up a story about the books for the April newsletter.
- Carol, Pam, and Margaret will meet on Wednesday to discuss publicity, review, promotional materials, website, etc.
- Once the book sales stop, we will need to look into some additional membership benefits.
- AT&T building no longer certain and the library is investigating other options for a temporary space.
- The current library is still booking rooms through July.
- The plans for the library renovation are still on track.
- Both mayoral candidates support moving forward with the library.
- The library has contracted for a large user assessment across all branches.
Temporary Friends Space
- Robert has looked into space for the Friends around the library to use during the renovation.
- Hovde is willing to donate space if we pay a service fee for cleaning, utilities, etc.
- The times the building would be open would be limited to 9-6 week days with a possibility of Saturdays.
- The space would be available early to mid May.
- Robert will contact foundation about sharing space.
- Annie will update photos.